Sunday, October 27, 2013

Will Run For Burritos

Dan Run For Burritos Too!

 So this weekend was pretty great.  We managed to get some kick butt food in and some great times with friends.  Above is the best, only?, food truck in Champaign Urbana.  If you think you've had better food, you're wrong.  Let me tell you why.  Egg, Salami, Bacon, Cream Cheese, Bread.  Boom.  Your argument is invalid.  And I feel really bad for you if you haven't experienced the Cracked Truck yet.

While Julia was slaving over a hot bun in the oven I was out blazing trails.  Literally.  My uber-friend senor Will got me to sign up for a halloween trail run in the beautiful U of I's Allerton park.  I'm not one to brag, but it was 5.7 miles.  There were lots of rocks, hills, some mud, and even a Darth Vader sighting.  I'm not exactly sure what our costume was but I know one thing.  We were just friends.
Anywho.  Think laid back peaceful vibes for Julia this week.  I'm pretty sure that I won't get to see her until next saturday.  Parent Teacher Conferences and Halloween performances with her students will be taking over what little free time she has in a normal week.  Me, don't worry about me.  I've got my bank card and a long list of restaurants that deliver.

Look out for a BIG post next weekend.  We're meeting up with both the Oncologist and the Midwives.

Ooh!  I almost forgot.
Took a tour of the labor and delivery floor at our hospital.  It is really cool.  And I ran in to a fellow classmate from high school who is one of the nurses on that floor.  That's the second nurse we know that works there.  And they love our Doula.  I'm feeling like we've got an unstoppable team assembled and I'm wholly convinced that this is going to be an awesome experience.

So those question things Julia always answers:

Sleep:
Daily.

In or out:  
What?

Cramps:
Only in the morning if I ate too much pizza.

Ok whatever.  See you next week.  Here's my favorite picture of Julia with blue hair:



No comments:

Post a Comment