Monday, March 31, 2014

That whole cancer thing

I mean it does say something in the title of the blog, right?

The documented course of treatment for Stage 2 Hodgkins is to maintain regular scans for several years after remission begins.  Thanks to Julia being pregnant she was able to avoid a round of scans.  They caught up to us though and she endured another round of delicious barium and radioactive imaging.

We were very pleased to see that the images from this recent scan and the previous scan, now a year old, look identical.  Which means we get to continue saying that the cancer is in remission and we can continue on our way.

Happy dance.



Thanks for following along everyone.


4 comments:

  1. I am very happy Father/grandfather tears come to my eyes as I realize how lucky I am

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is positively wonderful news. So happy for you, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your recent scans! I found your blog through a pin on pinterest. I am just entering remission from a battle with ovarian cancer. It helps so much to read other people's stories- especially in the hard times. Thanks for writing! ~Jyndia

    http://myjourneywithcancer33.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog via Pinterest. Great to see you are doing great. I had HD 45 years ago when I was 2. I've just had surgery to repair some of the long term damage from the radiation to my neck. I love your blog! Hope you get back to it soon. Here's my blog if you have time please check it out : http://reeniesurvivin.blogspot.com
    Good luck and take care.

    ReplyDelete