Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rustic Camping Shower!

We did!

We made it through another crazy week to get to Saturday for our shower!

And let me tell you about this week....woo boy!

Our beloved cat Bing passed away Wednesday night. We got to be with him when he died, but it was sudden and heartbreaking. We have had him since he was a kitten. He was only 8 when he died of FIP (Feline infectious peritonitis).

He had gorgeous blue eyes


And liked to cuddle with me when I didn't feel good.



And went on nightly walks with us and the dog, laying down in the road if
we started to take too long.


He was a one of a kind cat, and he will be missed.


So that kind of ruined our week, but Friday my parents came over to help us get the yard ready for the shower. Friday Dan also headed up to Chicago to get our new couch!

Old couch, tiny, uncomfortable, hole-y

New couch! Bigger, comfy, pristine!

I may have gone a little pregnant lady about it and insisted we needed a new couch before the shower. Luckily Dan went with it, and humored me. We got a great deal on craigslist and we are both super happy with it!

On Saturday we got everything cleaned and set up for the shower and then my friends Sara and Jackie came over and set everything up. 
It. Was. Gorgeous.

Favors of succulents and plants. 


Tee-pee for presents. We got so many!!!


Food table! We had a fajita bar.


Pumpkin cream cheese cake! Made to look like logs to go
with our "camping" theme.

Beverage Bar



Fantastic centerpiece done by the lovely Sara! (Hi Sara!)



Camp Baby Harts!





<3


The lovely ladies that helped put it all together! Sara and Jackie!



Everything was so pretty when it got dark too!



We had some wii Karaoke for people who were brave!


Used a projector to put it on our neighbors fence



Everyone had  a great time!
Thanks to everyone who came, pictured and not pictured!

Gorgeous night!


Thank you to everyone that came. We had a great time and couldn't have asked for a better group of people to help us welcome our baby into the world!

Sunday Dan and I caught up on some work and finished cleaning up some shower stuff. We enjoyed our day together since this week Dan will be gone on a business trip for 2 days.
Tomorrow we get to see our baby boy again! I have an ultrasound and a midwife appointment that Dan gets to come to! We are excited to hear everything is going well and I have 9 more uneventful weeks to look forward too.


Questions!
How far along: 31 weeks! Down to a single digit weekly countdown!

Total weight gain: Not sure, will let you know after my appointment tomorrow.
Maternity clothes: Yay cool weather!!! Have really been enjoying wearing clothes that I don't have to worry about sweating through! Though I got hot on Friday at school and really began to feel awful. As soon as I cooled off, back to normal. The cool weather will be a welcome help to finish off this pregnancy.
Stretch marks: Ordering more stretch mark oil this week.
Sleep: Sleeping hard. Had a lot more leg cramps this week which wake me up. After I walk around for a few minutes though they go away. 
Best moment of this week: Fantastic shower with a fantastic group of friends!
Miss anything: Not having swollen feet at the end of the day!

Movement: So much. Maybe I'll video my belly. It's fun to see it sort of dance around as he moves!
Food cravings: TGIFridays. I'll have to talk Dan into going some night.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just getting really hot and then feeling awful. My students may have to get used to my A/C being on for the rest of the year.
Have you started to show yet: Feeling pretty pregnant looking. Had really nice lady compliment me on my dress last weekend. She commented about having a belt on really helped show off my cute pregnant belly. Then she froze with a look of horror on her face and said "you are pregnant, right?!". I laughed and said I was, but explained that I told my husband to NEVER assume! She agreed and we had a nice laugh about it.
Gender: I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue". 
Labor signs: A little cramping from some stress, but went away when I relaxed.
Belly button in or out: Sooo shallow. Dan agrees. But still in!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on. Until I can find a replacement ring. Fingers weren't as swollen though. Just my poor feet.
Happy or moody most of the time: This week was not a good week. This we know. This weekend was great. This we also know. It was a week of every single kind of mood.
Looking forward to: Tomorrow we get to see our baby! Next weekend we get to go get our crib! Soon the nursery will be all done! EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment