Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Better and Worse



So the better things:

I have my energy back (mostly) and while I don't LOVE food at the moment, I at least like it.
The horrible heartburn and burning tongue have gone away. 

School has been great, the kids are so looking forward to our annual Halloween concert. It's our first concert of the year, but it is just the younger grades so it's is usually ridiculously cute.
The kids dress up and go to the town's nursing home and local bank, sing their songs and get lots of candy. It is great practice for singing in front of an audience and makes a great first concert for the little Kindergartners.

And the worse things:

Dan has a full blown cold. Boo! He has taken to sleeping on the couch so he doesn't cough all over me at night. So far, knock on wood, I haven't felt like I was catching anything.

I called my fertility doctor yesterday to get the low down on our next step. I figured we would get started before Christmas with tests, ultrasounds and getting this show on the road! 

Unfortunately she doesn't want to see me till March. 

Womp womp.

She wants me to stay on birth control till the first of the year to make sure all the chemo is out of my system and then wait for that to get out of my system before we do tests.

So it will be March before we can go in for tests to make sure my body hasn't shut down the baby making factory (sorry).

So some better and some worse.

I am looking forward to this weekend though. Dan will be home the whole weekend. We have NO PLANS! I know! I know! 

So we are going to do all kinds of fun things like get coffee Saturday morning and maybe visit some animal shelters (yay!) and then Sunday we will make a ton of really bad-for-you-food and watch football! 

So I am very excited about that and we will work on looking forward to all the great things coming to us in 2013.


1 comment:

  1. Sending you loving, healthy thoughts for a fully functional baby factory come March. And more immediate loving thoughts for a fun, healthy, and super chill weekend!

    ReplyDelete