Sunday, August 25, 2013

6 months!

6 months sounds so far along!  I don't feel like I could possibly be that far along!

This week he is the size of an ear of corn, which seems appropriate right now!


                              
The bump is a-growin'!


This week I went back to school but only had students for 2 days. 

I was amazed though at how tired I was at the end of those days! 
Poor Dan had to live with some easy to make dinners this week while I tried to keep myself from going to bed at 6pm.

The kids loved hearing I was pregnant. I always get such honest answers from kids (which I love). They were so excited for me though and loved reminding their classmates that I had a baby in my belly. So between having hair and a growing stomach I look a lot different from last school year!

This weekend Dan was actually home! For the whole weekend! I felt very spoiled. We hung out with friends on Friday night and went to bed early (see exhaustion from school day). Then Saturday we spent a ton of money at Home Depot and got a lot of work done in the nursery. I am going to save pictures for when we are all done with the nursery. It still looks like a hot mess at the moment.

Saturday night we went to the drive-in for the last time this season. We saw Despicable Me 2 which was very cute. We also enjoyed some corn dogs and elephant ears! Yum! 

We hope next summer to bring baby boy to the drive in as well. Drive-ins seem to make it easy for new parents to go see a movie. Just stay in the car! Kid can pass out in the car seat and parent don't have to worry about disturbing other people by bringing a baby to a movie. 

Questions!

How far along: 6 months!
Total weight gain: 2 pounds again. So the total is 10 pounds with 16 weeks to go. My goal was to only gain 15 pounds. 
Maternity clothes: Doing good! Unfortunately with this heat wave we are having I don't have very many summer maternity clothes. Here is hoping for cooler weather soon!
Stretch marks: Nope! And my new super organic stretch cream seems to be working great!
Sleep: Ouch! Between sore hips and falling asleep hands sleeping is not so easy anymore. Looking into more pillow interventions.
Best moment of this week: Getting so much done in the nursery this weekend and getting to hang out with Dan! We had a lot of fun together.
Miss anything: Caffeine. I have a feeling that might just get worse with the school year.
Movement: Baby boy loves kicking me at school and if I sit down at home. Dan still hasn't felt him though. :(
Food cravings: Chocolate frosting. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Have you started to show yet: Belly is bigger than my boobs (sorry Dad!)
Gender: Boy Harts
Labor signs: Some tightening at school, but running around made me get dehydrated sooner. I will have to keep up on my water intake.
Belly button in or out: Still in!
Wedding rings on or off: Better this week! Not as swollen!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! Looking forward to September being a great month!
Looking forward to: Next weekend I am working on the nursery again. Dan is gone next weekend to the Ozarks so mom and I will be tackling as much as we can. If I can talk her into sitting down for a few minutes we may try and get pedicures too! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment