Monday, August 12, 2013

Busy busy busy


Dan and I have had a busy week with 2 busy weekends on either side of it. However, we have had so much fun!

Lets start with last weekend. Dan ran his first 5k Saturday morning after getting home from a gig the night before at 3 am. He is such a trooper! And he did really well!



Midas and I were there to cheer him on and I was so proud of him. He had trained for awhile for this.  After he was done with the 5k we hopped in the car and headed to Indy. 

We had a nice chill weekend with my parents and got to see mom sing on Sunday night with her touring choir. They do gigs all around Indy so it was nice to see her sing. 

Monday morning Dan and I woke up and went to meet our friends for a 5 day vacation. We stayed in a beautiful lake house in south eastern Indiana. No cell service. No Internet. Just good friends, good weather and good times. 






Panorama of the basement of the Lodge. We weren't roughing it at all!

             Some people have no problem swimming in a lake! ;)

                            Beautiful sunsets over the lake!


It was so nice to just get to hang out and talk with everyone late into the night. We swam, boated and fished. Oh, who am I kidding! I sat on the dock and read the whole time. But it was still lovely. Half of our group are teachers so it was nice to have one last summer hurrah before we go back to school. 

On Friday Dan drove me back to Indy and I rode down with my parents to Kentucky. Dad's family is from Kentucky and some of his aunts, uncles and cousins still live there. They threw me my first baby shower and then we got to visit with everyone too! It was sooo nice. 

           Such a BEAUTIFUL cake! And it tasted amazing as well!


     The nucleus of our family! We missed having Abby and Dan there!

Sorry for the blurry photo. Even though my great aunts are all over 80 they move fast!

It was so fun to have my first baby shower and get so many cute things for Baby Harts. Thank you so much to Cousin Teresa and Aunt Elaine for throwing me this beautiful shower! Mom, Dad, and I headed back to Indy and then met Dan halfway to Illinois. I finally made it home last night and collapsed!

It was a great weekend, week and then other weekend!! Now here we go with questions for the week!

How far along: 22 weeks. :D Going down the other side of this big mountain!
Total weight gain: I actually don't know at the moment and I am scared to look. Did I mention I have been on vacation? I'll give myself a few days of normal food and then look.
Maternity clothes: I have really been enjoying my maternity jeans. While we were on vacation Dan asked me once if I wanted to go put on some comfy stretchy pants and relax on the couch with him. I lifted up my shirt to show him I always wear comfy stretchy pants now! :)
Stretch marks: None so far!!!
Sleep: It's nice to be back in my own bed, though I have to say staying in a king bed at the Lodge made me really wish we had one. We have a queen and with Fred the body pillow and my big shouldered husband, we run into each other a lot at night. It was really so nice to sleep in a king bed and not wake up every time one of us rolled over.
Best moment of this week: Vacation!
Miss anything: Nope! Not this week. Too perfect.
Movement: Kicks! Actual kicks! I can really feel kicks after breakfast and after dinner. There may be a few punches too since they are higher up, but I feel Baby Harts move every day. It. Is. AWESOME!
Food cravings: Cherries
Anything making you queasy or sick: Even with all the car riding I did, I felt fine. 
Have you started to show yet: I was in a lot of pictures this week, and as you can tell from my shower pic, I do look pregnant now! Which is great since school starts next week!
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: Some tightening and cramping, but just think baby boy is getting comfy in there.
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: Really tight this week! :( A few times I took my rings off (after wrestling with them) worried that I would not be able to! They are still tight tonight and I am going back and forth about what to do. Maybe find a bigger ring to wear for the pregnancy.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, happy!
Looking forward to: Well not necessarily looking forward to it, but this is my last week of summer vacation! I will try and enjoy it to the fullest, but I have a long list of things TO DO before school starts next Wednesday. Also this Wednesday (the 14th) Dan and I are headed to Barnes Hospital which has the Siteman Cancer Center. We are going to talk with a new oncologist about stem cells and what we should do with our baby's once he is born. Stem cell treatment would be the next step for me if the cancer ever comes back. Having stem cells that match my DNA ready to go seem to be the best course of action for us. However, Dr. Rowland (my oncologist) wanted us to go speak with the experts at Barnes to make sure we really needed to keep the cells since banking them is a very expensive endeavor. So, we will head to the huge cancer center on Wednesday to talk about cancer one more time. I am anxious more about being in a cancer center, with the smells and the flashbacks. I just keep telling myself that I don't have to have treatment, we are just talking. Either way, I am enjoying my last week of summer!






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! And yes, that cake from your first shower looks amazing. Who made it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of my Aunt's actually. She teaches cake decorating courses that my Aunt is taking as well. I am very jealous! I would love to take courses and the cake was delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete