Sunday, November 3, 2013

Only 6 weeks to go!

34 weeks! Can't believe how close we are to the finish line!

I feel like I have always been pregnant, but not in a bad way. But 8 months is a long time and you really learn to get used to being pregnant. 

Don't get me wrong, there are times I have looked forward to not sharing my body with somebody.  I also think I will miss feeling Baby Harts move and kick me though.

I am getting really excited about meeting him. Dan is as well. We really want to know who is this child inside me and what he will look like. 

I really can't wait to dress him in all the cute outfits I have received. I also went on a little shopping spree! There was a community wide garage sale that I hit up and scored big on 2 weekends ago. I spent 20 bux and got all of this:


 Even Dan was impressed by my haul!


We are so done buying clothes for awhile! Just hopefully this kid doesn't pop out at 10 pounds and we'll be good. 

I am still measuring a week behind which is just fine with me! Baby boy seems to be doing great and the midwives were happy with my blood pressure. Not so happy with my weight gain in the past 2 weeks though. I blame cracked truck which Dan and I went to for lunch right before my appointment. 
So good, but so bad for you Cracked Truck!

Hopefully next time I won't have gained any weight and can prove I am not doing that badly!
Dan has been sanding our dresser/changing table this weekend in preparation of painting it. 

I got some more art done for the nursery that I am pretty proud of:


Blue fox because....blue fox

A Mario mushroom in honor of Dan's love of video games

Hedgehog? Porcupine? We can't decide, but I like him


We had a great weekend as well. Got to hang out with friends, hang out with each other and just have a nice time. OH! And Thursday was Halloween. I had a lot of fun with my costume at school.
The kids (mostly) got it!

Next weekend should be more of the same for us now that wedding season is over and Dan is home more. My goal is to have the nursery done by Thanksgiving. 

There are a few major things we still have to get: rug, lights... but everything else is almost done. I put the sheets on the crib and the bassinet this weekend and got the baby rocker/bouncer set up. I was worried I was nesting and would go into labor Saturday night but maybe I am one of those lucky gals that nests for a month before her due date and gets tons of stuff done! Maybe?? 

Question question Question time....

34 weeks!
How far along: 34 weeks.....6 weeks!
Total weight gain: Sigh. 6 pounds. In 2 weeks. Sigh. Total weight gain for pregnancy is 26 pounds. Sigh.
Maternity clothes: Still like clothes, though non maternity shirts are now showing my belly, so no more of those!
Stretch marks: Have I mentioned my Stretch Mark Oil?? Because it is awesome!
Sleep: Going really well! Still only getting up once a night, but the heated mattress pad seems to be relieving any aches and pains.
Best moment of this week: Having a great weekend with Dan! Annnnddd finding a milk carton at the store with our due date on it! 
HA!

Miss anything: Shopping for shoes, and wearing cute shoes that don't make my feet look like sausages by the end of the day. :(

Movement: Kicking up a storm! 
Food cravings: Blueberries and a hamburger. I don't know...don't ask me, it's gotta be the kid!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Feeling good! I just can't eat as much as I used to...seeing my weight gain, maybe thats a good thing!
Have you started to show yet: Getting bigger over here peeps!
This is 25, 30, 32, and 34 weeks

Gender: Well, I'm child and man and child again The toy broken boy soldier I'm child and man and child again The boy never gets older 
Labor signs: Cramping and a little tightness on the belly but this kid isn't coming anytime soon!
Belly button in or out: It's officially flat and no longer has any resemblance to my lovely belly button that I had. I am just glad I never pierced my belly button now (Thanks Dad!).
Wedding rings on or off: On, but oh dear, they can't come off anymore. Waited too long and now I am hoping I won't have to cut them off.
Happy or moody most of the time: Very long and pretty stressful week. 2 late nights of parent/teacher conferences and 2 Halloween concerts made this girl a tired, pregnant, gal. But 2 days of not having to set an alarm has helped wonders. Feel ready for the week!
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery more complete on top of maybe even tackling making one of these:
How many exacto knife blades will I go through??? Stay tuned to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Getting very excited for you!! It has been wonderful to read your posts and hear about the fun preparations. Love the artwork for baby's room!

    ReplyDelete