Sunday, November 10, 2013

Supply Run

This weekend was super busy for us.

Friday we decided it might be a good idea to start getting together a hospital bag. We made a trip over to Target (after enjoying some Chinese food and discussing daycare options) to get some supplies.

Dan was very patient with me as I went through options in my head about the way things could go and what I would need to feel prepared. I got a nightgown, robe, some nursing tanks and a few baby supplies. It was fun to go and get stuff and really made the time seem close that this is all going to happen!

Dan had even more fun when he spotted this: 
He thought that was pretty funny and giggled the rest of the time
we were in the store.

Saturday morning I headed up to Chicago pretty early with my friend Jackie to go to Bottle and Bottega. It is a painting, BYOB studio that my sister manages in the Lakeview neighborhood. It was so much for fun to create some paintings!

I made some more art for the nursery, while Jackie tackled
a painting she has been eyeing for awhile.

It was the perfect amount of creativity and structure for me and I really enjoyed myself. After we painted the morning away we headed to a little french bistro for lunch.

It was the best thing I have ever eaten!

I enjoyed friend chicken and waffles while Jackie got the bacon wrapped french toast. Yeah, Bistro Dre in Chicago. HIGHLY recommend it!

After brunch Jackie and I took a side trip to IKEA to pick up some new items for her living room. I couldn't resist this little guy:

It's a red, rocking MOOSE! Perfect for the nursery.

Dan already has it assembled:
MOOSE!


After a long day we got home and Dan had had a busy day as well! He helped out some buddies at their houses then surprised me with this:

A new faucet!!


Our faucet had bit the dust awhile ago, the sprayer no longer worked and the water pressure was horrible. Thinking about all the bottles we were going to have to wash sort of motivated Dan to get this one which I had picked out over a year ago. Obviously there was always something else we felt was more important to buy whenever we had some extra funds. Dan is starting to feel a little pressure to get everything set and ready with the house before the kid comes. Besides not having time after the baby comes it will just feel nice to bring home our kid to a house that is ready, comfortable and functional.

On Sunday I headed  to church to get my children's choir ready for their first performance next Sunday at church. Dan tackled the leaves in 3 different yards with his buddy and fun new leaf sucking machine. He was very pleased about how much they got done in such a small amount of time. 
I am thrilled we can see our lawn again! 

I got our hospital bag all packed today with all our new supplies and started making our birth plan.

With 5 weeks left to go I hope, hope, hope, this kid doesn't make an early appearance, but I want to be as prepared as possible.


QUESTIONS!


How far along: 35 weeks (I know! Can you believe only 5 weeks left??)
Total weight gain: Avoiding the scale so I won't cry. Friday is my next midwife appointment.
Maternity clothes: Getting a little more concerned about my lack of footwear that fits. I love my collection of shoes and I am down to about 4 pairs that I can still fit in and wear all day at school. 
Stretch marks: I almost wish it was swimsuit season so I could be one of those pregnant women at the pool in a two piece. I am so happy I haven't gotten any stretch marks yet!
Sleep: Again, still enjoying my sleep. Passing out pretty quickly every night as well thanks to running around all day. Didn't have time for any naps this weekend which I am a little bummed about, but there is always next!
Best moment of this week: Getting to hang out with my bestie for a whole day, just me and her!
Miss anything: Jack Daniels (gotta be honest)

Movement: Baby Harts did a nice percussive beat on my belly earlier this week as I was reading in bed. Dan even got to feel it! He kept it up for a good 3 or 4 minutes, just a constant punching (?) that never stopped. 
Food cravings: Was craving some chimichangas. Dan was happy to go get some mexican with me.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Feeling great this week!
Have you started to show yet: I still am surprised when people ask when I am due. I know I look pretty pregnant, but don't they get worried about approaching a complete stranger and asking that question?? Never assume people!
Gender:She's in love with the boyShe's in love with the boyShe's in love with the boyWhat's meant to be will always find a way

 
Labor signs: A few strong braxton hicks (I think?) today. I was getting a pedicure, so for the first time it wasn't because I was pushing myself too hard physically. Only 3 though so I didn't become concerned.
Belly button in or out: Still in!
Wedding rings on or off: They are not coming off anytime soon.
Happy or moody most of the time: Busy, but happy.
Looking forward to: Again, next weekend I am hoping to get more done in the nursery (noticing a trend?). I ordered the rest of the big items we needed (rug, lights) this week, so I hope they come in by this weekend and we can get everything wrapped up in there!



1 comment:

  1. I love your painting! It looks a little like a vintage tattoo. Awesome!

    And that model? WTF? Besides the googly eyes, I love how this woman advertising nursing bras has clearly not just had a baby.

    Bacon. Wrapped. French. Toast. YES.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete