Sunday, December 29, 2013

2 weeks in

Well you might get tired of hearing things like this, but I can't believe he is two weeks old already!

He is starting to look less like a potato and more like a baby!



Dan and I are enjoying this time with our little man and it is flying by! It feels like we have had him forever, but then we learn new things about him every day!

Even though Dan and I are still learning things everyday, figuring out how to feed, care and keep this tiny little human alive, we are so very happy with the way things are going. It almost seems to be a rose-colored view of our life right now. We can glaze over all the struggles (finding time to eat, shower or sleep) and just be happy to see this little man staring back at us.

I am content.

You won't find much complaining from me. I find the entire presence of Amos to be a miracle and I am still reveling in the wonder of it all.

My little reindeer


I mean I don't want to bring anybody down, but last Christmas looked like this:

Christmas 2012

Let me tell you, I do NOT miss being bald! It wasn't that last Christmas was so bad, but this Christmas was pretty sweet:
Christmas 2013

And let's be honest. 2012 just sucked in general. 2013 has been fan-freakin-tastic! With 2014 just around the corner we only have more awesome things to look forward too (such as sleeping longer than 3 hour stretches). We are very excited to welcome in 2014 but we will be sad to see 2013 go. 

Happy New Year from the Hartman's
Dan, Julia, Midas and Amos






1 comment:

  1. This made me all teary, Julia! I am so happy for you guys. Love!

    ReplyDelete