Wednesday, December 4, 2013

38 weeks

Starting to feel pretty huge over here. So close to D-Day though! I could go any day! 


38 weeks!



Comparison chart! I believe this is 30, 32, 34, and 38 weeks



The anticipation is starting to get to Dan and I though. Not knowing when Baby Harts will make his appearance is really keeping us on our toes. Dan had one last gig last weekend that he thought for sure was going to mean Baby Harts would make an appearance while he was gone.
Luckily Baby Boy stayed put and Dan doesn't have any more gigs until the end of January. At this point I am just hoping not to go into labor at school. Also after my concerts would really be nice too. Though I have almost gotten to the point of letting that one go since they are on the 11th and my due date is the 17th. 

I know if I make it to the concerts all my parents will be sitting there watching me closely to see if I will give birth to this baby during the show! :)

Christmas break for school starts the 20th though, so I think after my concerts are over I will start drinking all the labor teas, rub the acupressure points and go on lots of walks with the dog and Dan.

We saw the midwife Friday and we have another appointment this Thursday. Going every week now! We also had our last birth class on Monday night and we now know all the secrets to giving birth (HA!). 

I decorated the house for Christmas (with some help from Dan) and kept my silver/blue theme in honor of little Boy Harts.



Snowflake ornaments hung in the window

The large version of our hospital tree!


Made these jars for my birthday party last year. I love them! 
They are mason jars with silver glitter mod podged on them.

The outside of the house which my Dad and Dan tackled this past weekend. 
Love my candy cane poles!


With the nursery being done, our hospital bags packed and all the clothes/diapers washed and ready to go.....we are just waiting on the Baby!


How far along: 38 weeks! Full term, can go any day!
Total weight gain: A lovely 4 pounds gained. :( I know I haven't kept this part updated very much, but total weight gained for this pregnancy is up to 35 pounds. I have to at least be honest so I know for the next pregnancy what to really expect.
Maternity clothes: Might have worn one of Dan's shirts around the house on Sunday. Might have still shown my belly the entire time too. Oh well. At my midwife appointment I was now only measuring a week behind. I am starting to feel like I "popped" though. 
Stretch marks: Nada. The midwife even congratulated me at my appointment last week. He said if I haven't gotten any yet I probably won't! YAY!
Sleep: Still feeling uncomfortable. Having more and more trouble with heartburn. I am so worried one night I'll just wake up throwing up since it comes on so quickly. 
Best moment of this week: Having Thanksgiving with some of the family. We enjoyed a low key Thanksgiving this year and mostly just hung out. Mom and I went shopping for a little bit on Saturday. It was a nice break. It will almost be weird to head back to school for a full week this week.

Miss anything: Bourbon.

Movement: Had dinner with some friends Sunday night. Was sitting on the couch afterwards and watching my belly shift and move with a friend. He was dancing around in there pretty intensely.
Food cravings: Can't eat very much at a time right now. I feel especially uncomfortable if I eat too much.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  More and more heartburn. If only it was only a burning feeling and not like I was constantly throwing up in my mouth.
Have you started to show yet: Feeling pretty big, but everyone tells me I don't look huge yet! :) 
Gender: Baby Boy Harts or Amos Orin Hartman 
Labor signs: Started to get some pretty intense, consistent cramping on a long walk on Thursday. Got home and sat down and felt find again. Body is just practicing and getting ready.
Belly button in or out: Still in and now I think it might stay that way!
Wedding rings on or off: Off but still wearing my replacement!

Happy or moody most of the time: Some up and downs this week.  Definitely starting to feel more excited than anxious about Baby Boy making his appearance. However things not in my control are starting to affect how I feel a lot more than they normally would.  Dan is helping me work through all these hyper emotions I have going on and being so patient with me. It is really nice.
Looking forward to: This week Dan's company has their annual Christmas party. This is always such a great time. Also my birthday is Saturday so Dan and I might try and do something fun. Maybe a movie. We'll probably keep things pretty low key though. No laser tag or sushi this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment