Sunday, December 8, 2013

9 days

Our countdown to Baby Harts is down to single digits people! Holy cow!

Friday night at Dan's company Christmas party was when we decided to stop saying a week and half left and just started saying 11 days.

Today I realized however we are even down to single digits! 

We thought he might be making an appearance on my birthday Saturday, but no go. Some nice contractions have been happening every once in awhile though. Nice to know my body is just getting ready and I get a little preview of what is to come.

All I am thinking about right now though is making it to Wednesday. That day I have both my Christmas concerts at school. It will be a long, stressful day, but I just need to get through it and then I am in the home stretch till Christmas break. 

I have plans for this weekend to help promote labor (massage, bowling, spicy food) in case I haven't gone into labor yet. I have plans next week for an Infant CPR class (feel like I should have done this earlier) and a breastfeeding class (again, feel like I should have done this earlier). So I am staying busy even after my due date to keep my mind off of this magical date that everyone is going by.

It seems a little crazy that the 17th is being seen as the finish line when I could possibly still go another 2 weeks! After that though or probably a little before they will start talking about inducing me and that is a huge NO in my book. 

So Dan and I will go bowling, eat that spicy food and take the dog for many cold walks hoping to help this labor get started on its own.

JUST NOT TILL THURSDAY!

How far along: 39 weeks. Counting down the days!
Total weight gain: Another 2 pounds. Grrrrrrrr. I hope everybody is right and after I pop this baby out and start breastfeeding that the weight will start to come off.
Maternity clothes: The shoe situation is in dire straights. I am also wearing less pants nowadays and more leggings and dresses. Which is nice, but my poor feet. They are just so puffy. As is my face! So random thing, but I got home from school Friday and was so sad at how puffy my face was. I looked up a coffee face scrub and tried it out. I think it actually helped reduce some of my swelling!

Comparison. What do you think??

Needless to say I am sold. And if the coffee scrub wasn't so messy I would wear it ALL. THE. TIME.

Stretch marks: Nothing. Though I have really popped and can feel a lot of stretching happening in my lower belly.
Sleep: Ahhhh sleep. How I miss thee. I sleep really well for the first 5 or so hours and then I wake up with heartburn, having to go pee and leg cramps. Then I can't get back to sleep for a couple of hours and don't sleep well the rest of the night. I don't feel exhausted yet, but it is mostly at night that I am really happy I don't have to be pregnant for the rest of my life.
Best moment of this week: Enjoying a lovely birthday with Dan. I wanted to just hang out with him and do fun stuff (well fun stuff for me) all day. So we went to see Catching Fire, went to Target and Barnes and Noble and then came home with Chinese take out and an ice cream cake. 
I mean we knew we couldn't top last years 3-0 Birthday EXTRAVAGANZA...
Sushi, laser tag, and lots of alcohol (though not necessarily in that order) make for a great birthday!

But low key was just what we needed this year. We still got to enjoy Dan's company Christmas party too, where this happened:
Ugly sweater party is taken to new heights with a fireplace that moves.

We didn't get one shot of ourselves at the party though (bummer!) Though we did not partake in the ugly sweater side, mostly due to the fact that Dan forgot to tell me that was the theme! Oh well. We still had a great time and I laughed so much I was afraid I would send myself into labor.

Miss anything: Bummer to not have a nice cocktail on my birthday. I got some alcohol though as a present at the company Christmas party though! Woo hoo!

Movement: Tons lately! I also am starting to second guess myself that he might have dropped lower. The heartburn continues though, so I am not sure.
Food cravings: Not really craving anything and not very hungry most of the time.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Heartburn is not helping anybody out right now. Besides that though, I haven't felt queasy.
Have you started to show yet: FREAKING HUGE. Proof:
39 weeks.

Gender: Amos Orin Hartman 
Labor signs: Had 4 nice strong contractions during Catching Fire, but haven't had any since. I could blame the slightly uncomfortable theatre seats or the tense plot line.
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: Off but still wearing my replacement!
Happy or moody most of the time: Feeling more balanced this week. Felt a little sorry for myself that I couldn't do all the things I wanted to for my birthday, but really it was a good week.
Looking forward to: Getting through my concerts, taking Thursday off from school and getting a massage and spending the weekend  bowling and eating spicy food to try and get baby boy to make an appearance!


No comments:

Post a Comment