Sunday, November 18, 2012

So much to be thankful for...

Here is the obligatory "thankful" post before Thanksgiving. 

I have so much to be thankful for that I have to put it in list form:

1. I do NOT have to go to chemo this Wednesday!!!!!

2. I will not have to radiation. 

3. I am in remission from cancer.

4. This whole journey has brought Dan and I closer together. When I am around him I don't feel "sick", I feel like his Julia.

5. I never lost all my eyelashes or eyebrows (just most of them)

6. That 2012 is almost over! (I have never wanted a year to end so badly)

7. I get to have my port removed on December 27th. No cancer things allowed in 2013.

8. That we have such amazing friends and supportive family that have been there to carry us when we could no longer stand.

9. I have a homey house to live in which now has a gorgeous deck outside of it.

10. We are going to have a great Christmas season with people with love.



So yes, mostly a cancer related thankful list, but really cancer has been with us since May. 

2012  has been spent fighting cancer and surviving cancer. I am hoping cancer however will never take up this much time or energy in our lives ever again.

We are spending Thanksgiving with my family over in Indiana. We have hosted the past 3 years, but figured this year we would be pregnant so we scheduled Thanksgiving over at my parents long ago. We are still glad we did that, but now it is for a different reason.

I am in charge of bringing pie and mashed potatoes. Since I haven't cooked since I started chemo I may be a little rusty in the kitchen. I am looking forward to it though. I love to cook, especially in the fall and winter when it is all about comfort food. I am hoping after Thanksgiving to make more of a permanent fixture of myself in the kitchen as well as the gym.

I am meeting with Dan's personal trainer after Thanksgiving to start a "hey you are done with chemo but now need to get all strong and hot" workout. Hopefully I won't throw up! :)

So a lot to look forward to and be thankful for. 

More than we could have ever thought when 2012 began.





P.S. The hair shampoo may be working!
November 17th :)
October 10th

                           

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We miss you at the Orpheum, and we are glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete