Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another week down!

Here I am about to start week 15.

This week I got to start grad school again for the summer and realized how freaking hard it is again! All these papers! All this homework (6-ish hours a night). I feel like my undergrad degree was just a joke now. 
"Haha, you want to be a music educator? That's fine, take these fun courses about theory and ethnomusicology! It's sooo fun."
"Oh you want to get your graduate degree in music education? Might as well practice writing your thesis for the next 4 years in 4 different ways for every class you ever take. Hope you didn't want to have a life. Baahahahahaha!"

Dan is back to making me memes!

So yeah, grad school is nice. 

After this summer I will be half way through at least!

Other than all that homework Dan and I went to see a a double feature at the drive-in Friday night which was a lot of fun. We saw Man of Steel and World War Z. We both highly recommend both. We had a lot of fun on our date night and didn't get home till 3am. It felt like college again!

On Saturday Dan helped a buddy install new windows in his house while dodging the torrential downpour we were experiencing at the time.

Today we went to talk at a church that helped us out a lot during my chemo treatment. It was nice to be able to tell them thank you and let them know how well I was doing now. Dan and I both cried as we talked in front of the congregation, but we got through it. We celebrated with a long nap after the service and now I am avoiding my homework by blogging! Oh yeah! :)

The week ahead is pretty much the same thing for us, though I get to go for my monthly checkup on Thursday. I don't think too much is going to happen, but at least I get to go talk about being pregnant again! 

Onto the questions!


How far along: 15 weeks
Total weight gain: didn't weigh myself this week, will see at my appointment on Thursday
Maternity clothes: Nope, but I got a TON of great clothes from a friend (Hi Kate!) and I can't wait to start wearing them!
Stretch marks: Nope Nope Nope
Sleep: I got a body pillow! It helps my hips which have been hurting more. Our bed has gotten a little crowded though. Dan says he doesn't mind. I named the pillow Fred. I have no idea why, but it's funny to say "Fred has fallen off the bed!" in the morning.
Best moment of this week: Date night with the hubster
Miss anything: Soda cravings are killing me, but I bought some pineapple juice at the store today. I think if I mix it with seltzer and a little grenadine it will help my cravings.
Movement: Nope, don't think so. There have been a few times that I went hmmm, but pretty sure nothing yet.
Food cravings: Sugar cereal and chocolate. Both I never have really liked that much. We weren't allowed to have really sugary stuff growing up and I am not a huge fan of chocolate. But man I wanted some fudge and frosted flakes this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just some nerves from talking to the congregation this morning. No morning sickness anymore.
Have you started to show yet: A little bump has sprung I think. Still just look kinda chubby though. 
Gender: Still waiting, though it is starting to drive me insane.
Labor signs: N/A
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On, they don't feel tight at all yet.
Happy or moody most of the time: Much better mood this week. Grad school is stressful, but not getting me down. Looked forward to our movie date all week which helped too!
Looking forward to: Gifford Celebration next weekend. It's a big 4th of July thing my school community throws that we have never been too. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Julia! Tyler and I went to a double header at our drivein this weekend to see the same movies!!! We loved WWZ, but Man of Steel not so much. To be fair, I fell asleep about five minutes into it.

    Miss you guys, wish I could meet Fred and cook with you and cheer you on with your grad school stuff!

    I'm about to go running here for the first time since, oh, last year probably. I'm feeling really chubby, too, only I'm not preggers. So, running it is.

    LOVE to you and the hubster!

    ReplyDelete